Every Little Thing // It Was Brilliant If A Tad Frustrating

27 July 2017

Every Little Thing
Published: 7th March 2017
Source: Library
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
My Rating:
Hartwell, Delaware—the perfect place to get away from it all, and find what you never knew you needed…


Bailey Hartwell has many reasons to feel content—her successful business, a close circle of friends, and her steady boyfriend…even if their romance feels staid after ten years without a serious commitment. The only challenge in her life comes in the form of sexy businessman Vaughn Tremaine. She thinks the ex-New Yorker acts superior and that he considers her a small-town nobody. But when Bailey’s blindsided by a betrayal, she’s shocked to discover Vaughn is actually a decent guy.

Vaughn admires Bailey’s free spirit, independence, and loyalty. As his passion for her has grown, his antagonism toward her has only worsened. Every little thing Bailey does seduces him. But when Vaughn’s painful emotional past makes him walk away in fear he will hurt her, it opens an old wound in Bailey, and she uncharacteristically retreats.

Once Vaughn begins to realize he’s made the biggest mistake of his life, he has no choice but to fight like he’s never fought before to convince Bailey that the love they’ve found together only comes around once in a lifetime.
This book was started during ‘The Mega Book Slump of 2017’ (why yes, it was a significant enough event that it ended up being capitalised) so it took me a long while to finish and I feel bad about that. I did find myself excited to read it and actually wanted to make time to read it, though, so I took that as a sign that I was enjoying it and didn’t hold my slowing reading speeds against it.

First off, I was excited for this book ever since I met Bailey and Vaughn in the first Hart’s Boardwalk book so there was never any doubt I was going to enjoy this. I mean, Bailey was so easy to love with her forthright attitude and how hilarious she was but it was Vaughn’s story I really wanted to know, he intrigued me, this obscenely rich guy buying up  hotel in a small town and not leaving. There had to be more to him than meets the eye. And he cared so damn much! He frustrated the hell out of me with his not wanting a relationship insanity and it was so illogical his reasoning! But he was also so adorable and so far gone on Bailey without even knowing it straight away. I think it meant I forgave his idiocy because I knew what was coming before he did.

I did find myself getting frustrated with Bailey, as well. Don’t worry, my frustrations weren’t exclusive to Vaughn and his idiocy. Like I said, she was awesome and I loved her. She could be so brash and outspoken amongst friends and in her life when she had to be so polite and friendly during her working life. She never allowed herself to be put off speaking her mind even if others would rather she wouldn’t and when folks told her to stop she really wouldn’t let others control her. So then why was she such a scaredy baby about starting something with Vaughn? Sure, he hit a nerve with some of his comments but she recognises his issues so why was she being a dick about it? And when she almost settled again when it came to her relationship not long after saying she didn’t want to settle I was even more annoyed. She was frustrating but I liked her.

The relationship between Vaughn and Bailey was always going to be brilliant. The sparks were flying in that first book and so I was thrilled to see that those sparks didn’t disappear when they got their own book. Their chemistry was insane and really, I am amazed didn’t have to fan themselves stood near them. 

I did find some of this book a little overly dramatic (I feel like the Devlin family belong in an EastEnders episode) but I can see the whole Devlin drama playing out throughout the series so we'll see. I really enjoyed the book. I cannot deny enjoying it even with the drama so I won't grumble too much.

Have you read this or any of Young’s other books? What was your favourite?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.