It is once more time to see how I’ve been doing in my reading challenges and evaluate my progress with my resolutions. I am never very good at challenges because I get bored and forget about them so I like to look back every three months to see how I’m doing, especially as there are only three months left to complete these (apart from Bookopoly). I think I will find that I will not be completing any of them, but it’ll be fun to see how it goes.
I want to read at least 100 books:Completed!
- I want to read more widely: I think I’ve succeeded. I’ve now read a horror book and dived into a bunch of urban fantasy. I’ve not completely broken out of my comfort zone but I’m trying new things every so often.
- I want to cut my TBR pile in half: Still laughing hysterically at my delusion.
- I want to review more books: I have reviewed quite a few, although I’ve got to play review catch up with some of my more recent reads. I am reviewing more and I find it way easier than I used to.
- I want to use social media a bit more: This is hit and miss. I try but don’t expect miracles. I think that counts, though, that I try and use social media? I tweet things, I post few Instragram post. I’m sort of making an effort.
- I want to reread more books: I’ve re-read 4 more books since last time and I think that is really impressive. I will hopefully reread three more for my next quarter but I make no promises.
How are my reading challenges going? For the most part, I’ve stalled. I cannot motivate myself to read books in certain categories and so I think I’m stuck. I’ve read two more books in the Book Riot Read Harder challenge and that is it. I think I have to accept I’ll only manage to read about 50% of books in that and the Popsugar Reading Challenge. I’ve just stalled and I wish I could say why but I think it’s me just getting bored and not being willing to force myself to read books in the hard categories… oh well.
As for my new reading challenge, Bookopoly. I’ve hardly taken a look at that one. I’ve managed two categories so far. I have read a book in a series (do you not recall the beginning of my Kate Daniels binge?) and I’ve read a book with multiple POVs (The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend has several POVs and they aren’t all as lengthy as Sara’s but there are multiple perspectives in it so it counts).
I am also doing the discussion challenge. I think I am managing one post a month but I wish I could do more! I just keep getting distracted. I find inspiration for discussion posts doesn’t strike often enough.
How have your reading challenges been progressing? Have you stayed on track with resolutions are are you planning to say screw it all and see what happens? I am strong proponent of that second option right now.