This Or That Tag // Where I Have To Make A Decision And Hate It Because I Am A Poor Decision Maker

16 September 2016


I was tagged by Rachel over at Confessions of a Book Geek with his tag and it looks fun and who am I to turn down a tag, right? This tag was created by Ayunda from Tea and Paperbacks and it looks very cool.

Now, what you need to know about me before I begin is that I am a poor decision maker. I am terrible at it and this is because I am an indecisive person. I am terrible about committing to one choose so you may notice I say both to some of these questions.
both is good

Reading on the couch (sofa) or in the bed?

reading bed
This one is a hard one, I tend to read on my bed more simply because if I am on the sofa downstairs I am far more likely to get distracted. Either by the TV or by talking to someone in the living room or because my dog has chosen to lie on me and try and lick my hands/my face/my book whilst I’m reading. I mean, I still get attached by the dog on my bed, but there aren’t the other distractions there.

Male main character or Female main character?

I seem to read more books with a female main character but it’s not like I go out of my way to read only female main characters it just sort of happens. I suppose this has something to do with the fact I read a whole lot of romance, what do I expect? But even when I’m reading YA or fantasy I seem to drift towards books with female main characters, somehow. Can someone recommend me a few books with male MCs so I can get some reading balance? Ta.

Sweet Snacks Or Salty Snacks?

chocolate
Sweet snacks, obviously. I have such a sweet tooth it’s crazy. I mean I always have some kind of snack with me, normally chocolate but I am also a fan of foamy fruit, Maom, and marshmallows. Give me a bag of proper marshmallows (none of this Haribo crap, I’m talking marshmallows stuck together in a bag with their slightly hard shell and gooey centre covered in powdery sugary goodness). As you can see, I seriously love my sweets. That’s not to say I won’t have savoury snacks, but they aren’t my go to food. I have savoury snacks only when I’m craving them.

Trilogies Or Quartets?

Do I really have to choose? I don’t have a preference. I do feel a bit fatigued by trilogies lately (seriously, every book feels like part of a series) but honestly, I don’t care how long my series is as long as there is a clear end in sight. I want it to be signed for a set number of books in the series and then that be it. I can handle really long series when it comes to UF for some reason, though.

Basically, I am indifferent to quartets or trilogies as long as the series itself is good.

First Person POV Or Third Person POV?

Personally, I am partial to a third person POV. First person can often feel weird. I mean, to be honest I don’t tend to notice it too much, but first person can feel a bit off if done badly. It’s not really something I’d thought overly much about until now, though.

Reading At Night Or In The Morning?

reading-at-night-gif
I read more at night than during the day but that’s only because I often feel like I should be productive during daylight hours and I tend to read before bed (which often leads to 2am bed times). As a whole, I am a fan of reading all day not just at a set time, but night time is when I tend to get a lot of reading done. Less distractions once you’re in bed.

Libraries Or Bookstores?

library2
Can’t I have libraries and bookstores? I mean, I buy more books than I borrow from the library but I do wish I used the library more. I think I prefer owning books to borrowing them but I’ve come to learn that sometimes it’s better to borrow a book first and you can always buy it later (it’s a slow learning curve on that one, though).

Books That Make You Laugh Or Books That Make You Cry?

i just have a lot of feelings
I’d rather have both. I mean, I love books that make me laugh as long as they aren’t trying too hard to be funny (if that makes sense) and I love books which make me cry because who doesn’t love an emotional read? It all just depends what mood I’m in. I just want a book which makes me feel things really. If I’m not emotional over a book it’s not doing something right.

Black Book Covers Or White Book Covers?

I want to say white covers because they are so clean and pretty, but black book covers often have the same effect as well. I’ve browsed through my goodreads shelves and I actually think white manages to come out on top (just about) and below are a few reasons why. I will say no book cover is all one cover and that’s what makes it pretty.
25320766245040481217706130250685205189222984590623492533

Character Driven Or Plot Driven Stories?

I always find this a difficult question. I like books that have really interesting characters or characters I can connect and I want to feel something for them whilst reading but when it’s all character and little plot then I get bored same goes for all plot and no character.

***

Now I’m meant to tag ten people but I hate tagging folks so if you fancy doing this tag please do. All you got to do is answer the above questions and we can get to know you and your bookish choices a bit more.

Have you done this tag? What do you think of some of these answers?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.