Sunday Summary // 22.05.2016

22 May 2016

Sunday Summary
I will prepare you all now. You can rejoice in the fact that I will not be complaining about work. In fact, the only work related thing I have to mention is that they sent an email around about our office move. It was the most pointless email it was the ‘I can confirm we’re moving office, but I can’t say where or when until our offer has gone through but please stop gossiping about it’. It was an email meant to assuage people but only ended up churning up more gossip. You have to question what management is thinking sometimes.

Now, on to the rest of my week. I’ve been spending a lot of my time at home the past couple of weeks, there have been my usual trips to the pub on a Thursday (which makes work hard on a Friday) but I’ve actually been quite antisocial. I think this is mostly down to the fact my parents go away in a couple of weeks. They will be abandoning me to fend for myself and look after the animals (I may be 25 but given half a chance I will be lazy and allow myself have my meals cooked by mother and generally do very little). I’m trying to get as much time as possible with them before I’ll be living alone for 3 weeks. I’m treating it as good practice for when I move out so I know what to expect.

I’m sorry I’m not more chatty today, but I’m actually feeling a bit rubbish. I’ve got the worst headache and stuffed up nose, a dreaded head cold may be developing here and it’s making me want to go back to bed, not type in front of a computer.

What I’ve Been Reading

2893100829349837232090391585341623717278
Another good reading week. I’ve now read two-thirds of my library books and enjoyed them. I will forever follow every recommendation of Danya’s, City of the Lost kept me up way too late Sunday night (Monday morning?) and I was dying at work but I simply couldn’t put this book down. Kelley Armstrong may become a favourite author if the writing in all of her books is this good. I also adored Rosie Hopkins' book I don't know why I didn't read it sooner because it was utterly fantastic. I can't believe I waited almost a year after buying to read, I will try and not keep making that same mistake.

The rest of my reads were good but not quite as rave-worthy. I enjoyed The Boy Most Likely To, but not as much as My Life Next Door. I was interested by The Curse of Lord Stanstead but felt a bit let down by it’s ending. And, as for Between The Notes, I'm still reading it so I'll let you know. It's been a fun read so far.

New To Me

2586300723717278
I am so impressed with myself. I have bought just one book in the past two weeks and that is Between The Notes and I've already started reading it. Every Exquisite Thing was sent free from Headline and I am so excited for it. The Silver Linings Playbook was a book I read at the end of uni and I loved it. It was a book which started to help me get back into reading again so I’m glad to go back and read another book of Quick’s. I’ll tell you all about it soon because I’m excited.

What have you been up to lately? Read any good books? Got any recommended reads? And please offer me all your advice for living alone to prepare me for June.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.