Sunday Summary // 28.02.2016

28 February 2016

Sunday Summary
This week has been great. I celebrated by 25th birthday on Friday (yay birthday) and have had Thursday and Friday off of work so I’ve been able to relax. I had these grand plans of getting loads of blog posts written and doing some general blog maintenance with my days off… but that didn’t happen. Instead, I’ve been shopping for bedding, attempting to figure out what to do with some of my old books, and shopping for food as I had the most delicious birthday meal at home.

To summarise, it’s been a wonderful week. The best week I’ve had in a long while, and I don’t think it’s just because I’m coming off of a birthday high. I just feel like it’s been really good, and I’m sure my Happy Thoughts post helped with that one. I wish I could claim I’ve done anything else interesting… but I haven’t.

As I said, it was my birthday on Friday. I haven’t exactly had all that much stuff as my parents are giving me money towards my shiny new bed (the days of uncomfortable mattresses are almost at an end). I am extremely excited about this new bed (in case you couldn’t tell) because I have needed a new for about three years and finally I’m getting one. It’s being delivered Monday and I cannot wait. I also got a gift card for a bookstore from work, a new bag from a friend, and my brother successfully followed my instructions and bought me a couple of books. I had a delicious meal with my family and my best friend Friday before a trip to the pub (where I almost fell asleep) and that’s it.

What I’ve Been Reading

1213141527074515
I have read some fantastic books this week. I was thrilled to be contacted by the author of Learning to Swim to receive a copy to review of that (I was thrilled because after reading I realised I loved it, review to follow). I then read Don’t Look Back, which has been sat on my Kindle for a while. I think I actually preferred this book to some of Armentrout’s other writing, it felt very different. It still had the usual elements of her writing, but I didn’t find myself getting annoyed with it in the ways I usually do with some of her books. I once more attempted to like Beautiful Disaster, with little success, but I gave it another chance several years after my original read so I know it wasn’t being too critical. I’m hoping the other book of Jamie McGuire’s I have is better. And then I read my birthday gifts. The Vicious Masks was amazing, I am so glad my own expectations didn’t ruin it for me. And then, sticking with the regency theme, I began reading The Dark Days Club and I’m loving it.

New To Me

25255376152707451565283337804119971804723121425
As you can see, I’ve had a bit of a poor showing when it came to not buying books. After You was fueled by my writing my review for Me Before You, I began thinking of the book again and simply had to buy it when I was shopping in Tesco. The next two were gifts from my loving brother (who is wonderful, and excellent about following instructions). Outlander was £2 and who doesn’t want a physical copy of Outlander on their shelves? Also, I’m hoping if I manage to reread that I’ll be inspired to read the next book in the series. The Wolves of Mercy Falls books were purchased for £3.50 from The Works, which is a bargain if I’ve ever seen one. It does mean if I like them and buy a copy of Sinner the editions won’t match, but I can’t have everything.

How have your weeks been? Anything exciting happen? Read anything good you need to recommend immediately?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.