Sunday Summary // 21.02.2016

21 February 2016

Sunday Summary
I am writing this post on Friday night because I both lack a social life and am also ultra organised. I am normally so behind in everything I do so it’s a real novelty to be working ahead of myself. The reason I began writing this up on Friday night is that I will be spending the weekend cleaning and organising my things. I like to have a yearly clear out of my things, it makes sure I am not hoarding too many unnecessary things and helps me clear out my wardrobe for new clothes.
clean-all-the-things
This year's clear out was inspired by the new bed purchase I was discussing last week. I have bought myself a bed, I am awaiting delivery hopefully in the next week or two and feel it is about time I moved around my furniture so my bedside table is actually by my bed and so I can actually open my wardrobe. It will be interesting, to say the least. It’s sad, but I am also excited to be able to scrub all my skirting boards down and do some hardcore organisation (I am incredibly lazy, but when the cleaning bug takes over there is no stopping me).

Apart from a strong urge to clean I was actually social at the beginning of the week. I saw a friend who I used to work with, we all went out for a meal and stayed out far too late for a school night (he will not want to see us again, we spent a lot of time venting our various work frustrations that probably made him feel justified in leaving). It seems leaving the department has gotten contagious as well, we had someone leave last week to move to a different team and now a team leader is moving as well at the end of March. I sometimes wonder if they know something I don’t.

What I’ve Been Reading

891011
Heartbreakingly, the first book I read this week, Private Arrangements, was a bit of a disappointment. It was okay, though, because then I began reading You Had Me At Hello and remembered all my reasons for loving Mhairi McFarlane. I didn’t adore it to quite the same degree as Here’s Looking At You, but it was pretty damn close. I began The Golem and the Djinni, that was is interesting but will be carried on into next week I think. I also began The Darkest Part of the Forest and I’ve remembered my love for Holy Black. It is going to be good, I can tell.

New To Me

2680289428587801
So, the new Illumicrate arrived this week and I was thrilled with the book which arrived in it. It was like an early birthday present getting Truthwitch in the post and all the other little gifts in it were fantastic. My other exciting new book was The Winner’s Kiss which I was approved for on NetGalley within minutes (seriously, it took about half an hour for the approval to come through. I will begin that next week).

I am off to prepare myself for cleaning. I have a list a bunch of cleaning supplies and armed and ready to deal with any spiders which may be lurking. Do you ever get these strange urges to be productive and do those things you keep putting off?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.