Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

12 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week’s theme is all about what releases I intended to read last year and simply didn’t I will link to the Goodreads pages for each book and leave you to go looking into what they are all about, I think.
183043222292953723287163
Everyone has been raving about this book, I was aware of it six months before it was released and still didn’t buy it because I was so aware I should wait. It’s okay, though, because I’ve learnt it’s getting released properly here in the UK this year (this month even) so I’m being given a second chance at reading this one.


I have adored Trish Doller ever since I read Where The Stars Still Shine so I was obviously excied for this book. But then it got released (not here in the UK) and I didn’t really hear much mention of it and it basically accidentally slipped off of my radar. I am annoyed at myself for forgetting about it but I definitely plan on buying it… eventually.

This is another book I was so excited for. I loved the sound of it, the premise was so original, but with the Kindle price being so high I just didn’t end up buying it. I am a fan of cheap books and hate paying more for a Kindle copy than you would for anormal book so this book was put on the backburner for the price to drop and it never has (why do you so this to me books?) but hopefully 2016 will be this books year for me.
21393526222497072087501922521951
I was so excited for this book, it had a stunning cover and the idea sounded so original, but then it came out and I saw bad reviews and I was put off. Why do I let other people’s opinions put me off reading so easily? It’s not right and so I do and try to avoid negative reviews whereever possible (only for books I haven’t read yet) so I can form my own opinion first.

Look, I’m going to be honest, this was another case of not being willing to pay more for a book. I am a cheapskate in I don’t like paying too much for an individual book and so I put off reading this book. It was also a case of me simply not being in the mood for this book as well, though. I just haven’t fancied a NA read since it’s been released, and when I have I’ve been trying to read what I own first.

I wanted to read this ever since I read Holly Black’s short story in My True Love Gave To Me and then I got distracted with other books and kepy waiting and waiting for this one saying it would be my next purchase and it never was. I don’t know why I wait so long, but it’s stupid. I will hopefully read this in 2016, but don’t hold me to it.

Look, this book was discovered when I was searching for diverse books and I cannot believe I still haven’t bought it. I am sometimes tempted to do a massive book order of all the books I’m putting off buying and to just indulge, if I did this book would be included. Doesn’t it just sound like the most amazing read? A book about a girl being forced into an arranged marriage sounds amazing to me.
257742721871020923346856
So, this book was released quite recently, so it’s understandable if I didn’t quite get to it at the end of last year, but seriously. I haven’t even looked at buying it yet. Partly because I keep getting put off by the number of pages, but also because I am a shamless lazy person

I stumbled acorss this book completely by accident. I didn’t know a thing about it and I saw it on a roundup post of some sort and once I looked into what the book was about (I was drawn in by the cover, don’t judge me) I was fully convicned this was a book I needed in my life. Sadly, the price and my unwillingness to spend too much an individual book led me to wait and then other books sadly took priority, I will re buying this book, eventually.

This one was released last year (technically) and I do own the first book on my Kindle, before I then bought a paperback copy for rereading (and because I needed a copy on my shelf and for lending purposes) and I really really want to read this book. I loved Seraphina and really want to reread it this year, luckily for me there is a UK paperback copy being released in March 2016 for this book so I can arrange a reread in time for this to be released and I can get reading. I love duologies and I need to get better at finsihing series.

T.ere you have the books I didn’t get to in 2015 and feel bad about. I will prioritise buying all of these books over other (probably).

Do you find yourself put off from buying books for stupid reasons and then begin regretting it later?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.