Ten Books To Read If You Like X

29 September 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week’s theme is all about like for like recommendations. I will have a selection of books for you, rather than ten recommendations based upon one book, which seems too much and could get repetitive, it will be a couple of recommendations for several books. I hope you enjoy them anyway.

 

My recommendations are all romances because those are what came to mind when I was trying to think of some like for like recommendations for you folks. I hope you like them.

rusk university

First up we have my recommendations for fans of Cora Carmack’s Rusk University series, of which I am a huge fan. I may not enjoy sports in real life, but give me a good sports romance and I am pretty content in life. For those who are looking for another football romance then you should definitely check out Rush Me by Allison Parr, it’s not set at University but I still enjoyed it. A more adult football romance is the Chicago Stars series by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, I’ve only read Nobody’s Baby But Mine, which was pretty darn hilarious and so I plan on checking the entire series at some point (you know, when I’m not at risk of being killed by my towering TBR pile).

 

If you’re looking for more college sports romances I can also recommend a couple of different books for you, I’ve recently read The Year We Fell Down, which focuses on a couple of hockey players at college, it’s a bit more serious than the other books but still an excellent read. That book also links perfectly with my next rec of The Deal by Elle Kennedy as she partnered with Sarina Bowen to write a book, Him, which I’ve not read. Anyway, The Deal also features hockey players and I enjoyed both that book and The Mistake, they are excellent books and are perfect NA sports reads.

such a rush

These are a few recommendations for you folks who were fans of Jennifer Echols’s Such a Rush. I loved that book, you know, once I finally got around to reading, and the thing I liked most was the fact it was all about a girl trying to make her way out of the trailer park where she was born. A few suggestions for those who were also a fan of a girl from the wrong side of the tracks trying to make it our are I’ll Meet You There, all about a girl who is set to go to university and finally get out of her small town and the trailer she lives in until she meets a boy and several things lead her to question if it’s right for her to leave for college.

 

My other suggestions are Sugar Daddy because this begins with a grill growing up in a trailer park and is all about her journey to get out, it was awesome, there are more books to that series but I just haven’t read the yet. And my final rec is Stay With Me by Jennifer Armentrout, it’s not about a girl who has made it out of a trailer park, but it is about a girl whose mother is an addict and who has had to claw her way to college and to a better life. It’s a little different from the others but it definitely links up.

lucky harbour

And the last book I’m recommending based upon is Simply Irresistible and the entire Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis. I am sure everyone is aware I am a fan of hers by now, and so I just had to do a few recs based on her series. First up we have The Sullivans series by Bella Andre, it isn’t set in a small town or anything, but instead is an entire family (a huge family) and that is what makes it good. I’ve only read one of the books, but I can tell it’s a series I will enjoy reading. It is about ridiculous at tomes, but it’s romance and it’s fun.

 

Then there is Summer in Napa and the St Helena’s Vineyard series, this is a small town romance series. Again, I’ve only read the one book, but it’s great, all about this small town in California and the residents there and I quite enjoyed that one and am eager to investigate the entire series. And finally there is the Rock Canyon Romance series from Codi Gary, this is a series I’ve been following from the start. It is just a fun romance series set in the town of Rock Canyon and it’s great, don’t know when there’ll be another one out, but I like the books published so far anyway.

 

Do you have any good recs based on the books on here? I’d love to hear them because who doesn’t need to add to their TBR list?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.