Top 10 Books From My Childhood (Or Teen years) That I Would Love To Revisit

24 March 2015

I was not as an avid a reader as a child as I am now. I loved to read and spent a lot of time reading, I read everything I could get my hands pm, but I did not have favourite books in the same way as I do now. I had certain books I adored and owned, but as a whole I would be borrowing anything and everything from the library. There are certain books I would borrow again and again, but a lot of them were books I would probably never want to read now as I know my experience was coloured by age, then I did not have the same appreciation for writing as I do now. I do not expect my books to be literary masterpieces, but I am less forgiving of cliches and drama and angst in books, something I adored as a teenager as I felt my life was so dramatic. Anyway, I'll try and think of books I loved but that I would also hope to revisit. I must warn you though, my book a!media was far worse when I was younger. I would read several books a day on weekends which inevitably lead to me for getting things so there are plenty of books I've probably forgotten.

1370244The Worst Witch Series – Jill Murphy - I adored the TV series and the books as a kid and I think it would be lovely to read them again. I remember how much I loved Mildred Hubble, she had the worst luck and things were always going wrong for her, and I really wanted a kitten like hers. I craved it with every ounce of my being.
675614

Wicca (Sweep) Series – Cate Tiernan I actually reread some of this book series a year or two ago, I didn’t get to the end because I got distracted by other books, but this was one of my favourite book series. I would borrow the books from the library almost religiously because I just was so fascinated by witches, a little obsessed really. Books about witches were my favourites as a young teenager, I still have a soft spot for them.
2403157

Roald Dahl – I would love to reread all of his books I read as a child, like The BFG and Matilda, because I adored these books. I would love to sit and reread them if I only had the time. To see if they are as fantastic and adorable as I remember.
9844

Curtis Sittenfeld - I have two Curtis Sittenfeld books sat on my shelf which I read once and never read again. I vaguely remember enjoying them, but struggling with them as they were a bit more complex than I expected, but I think I was not old enough to truly appreciate the writing at the time. Ever since I heard Sittenfeld is the one doing the Pride and Prejudice rewrite for The Austen Project I've been thinking about revisiting them.452306

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants – Ann Brashares – I only ever read the first two and I would have loved to have read the whole series. I loved the books I thought they were so cool, I loved the entire idea of sharing jeans with your friends and them travelling around the world, but I never did finish this series (are you noticing a trend?) and so I would love to revisit and reread.
864759

Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series – Louise Rennison – I adored these books as I child, I remember the first book me and my friends read, we were 11 and it was just before we began secondary school, one of my friends bought the third book and we had a sleepover reading from the book and laughing hysterically. Sadly, my friends mom found us with the book and took it away, said we were too young for it, that just made me go out and buy all the books. Rather unsurprisingly my mom didn’t care what I read.
10345824

Princess Diaries – Meg Cabot – I read them, just like every other teenage girl, and I still adore them. I adore the memory of them, anyway, because I was obsessed with these books and Cabot’s other teen series. I always get tempted to reread books like this because I loved them so much.
22188

Gossip Girl series – Cecily von Ziegesar – I adored these books when I was younger, I got the first one free with some teen magazine, and so I hunted out the books in the series. I never got to the end of it and I never read The It Girl series either, I eventually got older and just kind of forgot about these books.
6853

Stephanie Plum series – Janet Evanovich - I read these books when I was about 15, when my mom first started reading them, and I adored them. I am so many books behind now, I think I got to about book 12 or something before I stopped keeping up, I know, not far in the grand scheme of things. I loved them, though, they were fun and interesting and I would definitely read them again as an adult.

Those are all the books I can think of from my childhood that I want to reread. All of the others I’ve already reread, like Harry Potter and The Hobbit, so I can’t really think of any other books I used to read. I know there aren’t ten, but there are enough I suppose.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.