Do You Ever Feel Like You Don't Give A Book Enough Of A Chance?

01 November 2014

My Thoughts_zpsv3m9csox.png
spotless mind
I am a bit of a mood reader. I’ve been over that before, a long while back now, but because of my book choosing tendencies I don’t plan what I’m going to read and I will often pick up and put down several books when deciding on what to read next. I sometimes pick up and put down various books and even read the first chapter about ten million times on various attempts to begin a book which I’ve bought that I’m dying to read. Often, because I try and read a book multiple times and don’t get into it, I end up writing it off a bit and think it’s not worth the effort and questions why I bought it.

I’ve started to question the logic of me doing this disregarding of books because there a couple of books now that I’ve written of and when I go back and try and read them a second time (because the thought of buying a book and not reading it makes me sad) I find myself really enjoying it and question what I was waiting for. That’s happened with the book I’m reading at the moment, Brilliance, it is actually a brilliant read, but I’ve attempted to begin this book on three separate occasions and it is only this current attempt that has led me to get into the book and actually enjoy it. It’s made me question whether I’m too quick to judge a book simply because I wasn’t in the mood to read it at the time.

Does this mean that I should reattempt all the books I don’t finish at a later date, just in case I’m in the mood for it and it’s in fact a good book? Okay, that’s a bit extreme, I’m not going to read all my DNF, but I will certainly reattempt books that I put down after a chapter or two, because who knows? I could be missing out on an amazing book… or not. But I have to keep giving books a chance, just in case.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.