Top Ten Favourite Movies

15 July 2014

This is an easy one this week, The Broke and the Bookish want us to tell you about our favourite movies or TV shows, I won’t do TV shows, because there are so many I don’t know how to break it down. Also, recently I’ve not been watching as many TV shows as I used to, so I feel it would be false to claim them as favourites when I haven’t seen them in ages. My favourite films are just as difficult to pare down to just ten, but I have a decent idea of my top twenty so I’ll give it a go. My favourites will be in no particular order. More recent films are not included because they haven’t been out long enough to be classed as favourites, a favourite is a film I like to watch frequently and can potentially quote portions of. These are the films I watch on repeat and the films I continually push on others to watch too.
TheFall_0423
I fell in love with Lee Pace in this film. I also developed an obsession for Tarsem Singh and every film he ever makes. I went to watch Mirror Mirror, despite the poor reviews, because Tarsem Singh makes the most stunning films. This film is like two stories in one, it is a story within a story and it’s complex and so very simple at the same time. You have to watch it simply for the cinematography.
10-things-i-hate-about-you-movie-screencaps
I think most people of my generation love this film. Oh Heath Ledger, you were so charming and adorable, I fell for you. And Kat was the girl I wanted to be, strong and independent and so cool. This film also introduced me to the bands Letters to Cleo and Save Ferris, for which I am eternally grateful.
bring it on
Another classic teen comedy from the nineties. I am a nineties child and I used to watch this film on repeat, a few years ago I knew all the lines. I knew half the dance they paid for. Me and my friends still joke about spirit fingers and when it’s cold we’re all ‘brr, it’s cold out here…’ and you know the rest. I love nostalgic films like this.
hd4u-clueless-720_1182
Maybe I should have done a list of my favourite cheesy rom-coms to watch on duvet days. Clueless is a staple for all girls of my generation. Cher was my inner ditz (a genuinely thought she was saying Haitians correctly, it wasn’t until Heroes came out that I realised I was wrong) I adored this. I think it helps that I am a fan of Jane Austen, although I didn’t know this or 10 Things I Hate About You were adaptations when I first saw them.
serenity
I think you should know that I am a massive Joss Whedon fan. Sadly, I had not heard of Firefly before it got cancelled, I was too young I think. It was actually my mom that told me about this film, she said that someone she knew from work had recommended it after having heard I loved Buffy. I lucked out and it was on TV one evening so I sat and watched this and loved it. My mom came back from shopping the next day and had the Firefly TV series on DVD for me. I adore this film, I know at least fifty per cent of the lines. It makes you feel all the things really. I didn’t get some of the stuff on my first watch since I hadn’t seen the TV series, but even in that first watch I knew it was amazing.
PDVD_043
I would never have picked this as a favourite if I was going simply off films I like to watch, but this film means a bit than that really. This film reminds me of university as one of my housemates loved it, got us all to sit and watch it together. I have a soft spot for Richard E Grant which helps. The characters in this films are so ridiculous, so extreme, it’s hilarious. It is such a great film.
easya_3414
I feel like I might as well just say Tumblr decides what films I like and that I have no mind of my own, because I don’t seem to have any crazy original film loves going on. TO be honest, I just love cheesy comedy romance type films, more specifically teen ones. I don’t need to justify why I like Easy A though, it is just a good film, what more do I need to say. Also, Emma Stone?
A Love Song For Bobby Long 044
This film I first saw when I was going through my phase of being in love with Scarlett Johansson. I watched everything she had ever done, ever. It took me ages to even find this film, it was never released in the UK, but once I found it I adored it. I don’t know if I have ever talked about it on here, but I have a fascination with the American south, more specifically with New Orleans. I think my love for Gambit from the X-Men as a child released influenced me. So, to watch this film which is set in New Orleans, well that is just awesome.
spirited away
I can’t believe I almost forgot about this film. I first watched this a few years back. I must have been sixteen, I’m sure I first saw it around the time I was studying for my GCSE’s, or some kind of exam anyway. I was on study leave and it was on sky. I think my mom and Paul were away because I had full television control (that’s a rare thing in my house) and this came on. I’d seen something about it in the TV magazine and I figured, why not? I adored it. I did absolutely no revision because I was so gripped.
Pitch_Perfect_2012_1080p_kissthemgoodbye_net__2803
Last, but not least, is Pitch Perfect. Another film which took tumblr by storm, but I love it for two reasons. One: there is singing and mash ups. Two: Anna Kendrick. Basically, this film is filled with awesome things. I spent a three month period just watching this film whenever I was bored. Sad, I know, but I adored it.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.