Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

25 March 2014

Well, this is a strange Top 10 Tuesday. I've never really thought about this kind of thing, but The Broke and The Bookish have proposed it, so who am I not to answer? I must warn you, though, my list is going to come across a bit like the places of the world I wish to see, because some things on my bucket list simply involve getting to see the places I read about in books.

1. I intend to read A Christmas Carol. It's a classic, I will read it before I die. I love the film The Muppets Christmas Carol, so, in theory, I should like the book too, right? I am not a fan of Dickens though, I read Great Expectations back at school, and it was a chore, but A Christmas Carol is shorter at least.

2. I want to go to America. All the states. Any of the states. I read so many books which are set in America, and yet I have never stepped foot in the country. I feel that is a travesty, and as such wish to remedy it and visit one day. I know only what I read about and see on TV.

3. I want to go to Paris. I know, another travel one, but it's true. I read It Started with a Kiss, and they went to Paris for a weekend, and it was romantic. And I read Anna and the French Kiss and Paris seemed ace. I've never been. Considering you only need to cross the channel, it's confusing as to why I've never been.

4. I would love to meet JK Rowling. The woman made my childhood. I spent months, probably years fantasising about going to Hogwarts. I kind of hope that it is. It's nice to think so anyway.

5. I am determined to finish the entire A Song of Fire & Ice series. I will read it until it's end, whenever that may be. I may not have gotten past the third book, but I will make it to the end one day.

6. I want to attend a blogging event. Of any type. One day I wish to attend an event with other bloggers, maybe when I'm a bit more established and know who I am as a blogger. It would be nice to meet the people who write the blogs I read.

7. One day, when I own my own home, or live somewhere on my own, independent of my family, I want to have a library. A library like that in Beauty and the Beast, or, at least have some bookshelves filled with my favourite books. The freedom to show my books off to the world.

8. Prague. I have wanted to go to Prague ever since I read about it in the pages of Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It sounds magical, and I would like to see it

9. I don't know if this counts as bookish, but I wish to write a book. A whole book. This is definitely one of the more farfetched things on my list, but it is something I have always dreamed about doing. I have several ideas for books, as I'm sure everyone does, but I am just not very good at writing, as shown by my entire blog. I have never pursued writing as a thing, and so I'm not all that good at it.

10. The final thing on my bucket list? I hope that this blog will last a full year. I'm not known for my perseverance. I have been at my current job maybe five months, and already I'm thinking about where I could go to next. So, if this blog can last the year. If it can last my laziness and flakiness then I know I'll have done something right.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.