Sunday Summary 30.03.2014

30 March 2014

Sunday Summary
Happy mother's day all. I have spent the day attempting to show my mother that I care. I bought her a blu-ray player as our DVD player died a death a while back. Since we no longer have our Virgin media TiVo box dvds are now our only source of entertainment when TV gets a bit rubbish. I mean, it's not my only source of entertainment. I am fully invested in various other sources of entertainment. I'm an Amazon Prime member, I have Netflix, I pay for Now TV so I can feed my craving for Sky TV. I am prepared with various sources for entertainment. But anyway, for my mom having a DVD player, or a blu-ray player, was my gift of entertainment to her. She loves to read as much as I do, but considering she has read so many books, I have no hope of finding her one which she hasn't read, and she has her kindle so it's not like I could get her one of those either.

So that has been my Sunday, but what have I been doing the rest of the week?

What I've Been Reading


Fractured - Sarah Fine - I finished the second book in the Sanctum series in the middle of the week. It was an extremely frustrating ending to that book. It was a cliffhanger, which I love when a series is finished and I can immediately start reading the next in the series, but despise when I have to wait for the final book. Luckily, the third book is due at this year, so I'll look forward to that.

Getting Over Mr Right - Chrissie Manby - I also read Getting Over Mr Right as I felt a bit lost after reading Fractured. I was in that post book hangover where I didn't know what to read. I find books like this the best solution to my problem. It was a great book. Perfect solution to my book woes.

The Second Chance Cafe - Alison Kent - And finally, I started reading this book last night, and I'm certain I'll finish it today. It is such a lovely read. A truly nice book, with a bit of drama, a bit of mystery and lots of romance. It's a perfect book to be reading whilst the weather here is so nice.

What I've Watched

I've watched mostly films this week. I had a catch up on The Musketeers on BBC then just sat watching films. I watched Joanna Lumley meets Will.i.am on iPlayer, which was awesome. He is just such an interesting person, he really surprises you with his intelligence. And he is just so lovely, he seems like a genuinely nice person, which is always great to see of a celebrity.

I've watched a couple of films this week as well. I watched The Pixar Story, which was really interesting. The history of Pixar is not something I thought I would find interesting, but seeing the progress in computer animation and how it was powered a lot by Pixar and all these artists that were asking why they couldn't try it was immense. When you see the amount of work that went into creating Toy Story and A Bug's Life you truly appreciate what amazing work they are, not just the stories, but the work of creating the films themselves, it is awesome really. And I then went on to watch Saving Mr Banks, because I was in a Disney mood without actually wanting to watch a Disney film.

Also, I saw this video on youtube. It made me feel motivated to try and watch all the films which appeared in it. Watch it. It is epic.


And that has been my week. I hope you all have a lovely Mother's Day. And if you;re in the UK, enjoy the nice weather whilst it lasts.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.