An Introduction, Of Sorts

09 March 2014

So I am another twenty something starting a book blog. Let's get started with getting to know each other.

 photo aout_zps11b6e729.png
My name is Becky, and I am a History graduate living at home with her parents in the West Midlands. I work full-time at an Insurance Brokers in the Finance department. I know how did I go from History to finance? That's a story for another day.

I love reading, I'm not too fussy what it is. I love fiction books, I have a soft spot for YA. Fantasy is a genre I love. I am not ashamed to admit I love reading fanfiction from time to time. I also have an addiction to Netflix. Binge TV watching is something I adore. I like pretty things so often binge pin on pinterest. I enjoy clothes, but I hate shopping.

 photo why_zps9f144497.png
I've toyed around with the idea of creating a blog for myself for a while now. I read all these wonderful blogs that are just so inspiring, and I always think to myself 'well that looks like fun, why don't I do that?' I know blogging isn't easy. Hell, writing isn't easy. And the thought of posting my thoughts on a public forum is not easy for me. I'm quite private. And extremely shy. And filled with fear of exposing my thoughts for anyone to see. Not that I'm expecting many readers. But there is the opportunity for others to read it, you know?

This blog is mostly for me. I know writing regularly helps you to improve, so for me I will be writing to improve my skill. Or give myself any kind of skill really. It is also to encourage me to think over what I read. I read a lot of books, and I wish to try and think more about what I read. I suffer often from book amnesia where I'll forget what I read or what happened in a book. I have a habit of plowing through a book at a fast pace and not always registering what happened. I have a theory that if I write a review about what I read it will force me to think more over what I have read.

I don't intend to review every book I read. I want to try and write something about a lot of them though, because if I don't enjoy something I will stop reading. There are too many good books out there to power through with a bad one. Will I post about the ones I don't enjoy? I might. I might mention any books I haven't been able to continue with maybe make a collective post every so often about my abandoned books.


Well, that's all from me for now.

I'll try and post regularly. I've got some ideas for a posting schedule. I might be using some old reviews for a little while, whilst I develop a routine. I'll try not to though. I want this blog to do well, and no one likes old content.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.